Just as you don’t want unwelcome visitors in your facility, the same holds true for your wireless network. Should someone gain access to your network, that person could possibly have access to all of your files and business information, as well as have the ability to infect your system with viruses and worms.
Wireless Security consists of few broad level concepts like:
• Authentication Capability: This area will cover authentication parameters or mechanism on Wireless Network.
• Encryption Strength: This area will cover the encryption algorithm and complexity of the Wireless Network.
• Integrity Guarantees: This area will cover the reliability or integrity of data in Wireless Network.
• Prevention of Attacks: This area will cover the technical recommendations to mitigate all possible attacks on Wireless Network.
• Identity Protection: This area will help to identify the possible ways to ensure that the wireless network is accessible to only authorized or trusted users.
Many times, additional handhelds, laptops, PDA’s, and access points are added to the network to fulfill a short-term demand. While this temporary solution may solve the immediate needs, over time, the overlapping of these solutions can cause interruptions in connectivity, dead spots, and/or unnecessary redundancies. Additionally, changes in the physical infrastructure of the facility, coupled with un-installed firmware and software upgrades, can make your wireless network perform much differently than it has in the past.
MIEL e-Security Pvt. Ltd has developed a process for checking or auditing both the efficiency and the security of your wireless network. MIEL understands the need to secure the wireless network in any organization and also with strict international guidelines. In this respect, MIEL offers you with three distinct audit activities, customized to suit your technical and business aspect:
1. Wireless Technical Audit (WTA): This audit activity will concentrate or focus in auditing the configuration parameters of your wireless device(s).
2. Wireless Security Architecture Review (WSAR): This audit activity will try to understand the business requirement and there by analyzing the current wireless network design to understand the potential wireless flaws and present a secure wireless design, mitigating the flaws.
3. Wireless Penetration Test: This activity will focus on penetrating an organization’s wireless network as a rogue or un-trusted user.
Copyright@2012 MIEL e-Security Pvt Ltd I All rights reserved I Site Map
Designed by Design Accent