The ATM audit is a comprehensive security audit of an ATM vis-à-vis the procedures laid down by the bank and industry best practices including physical security
WHO CAN OPT FOR AN ATM AUDIT?
Banks and service providers managing ATMs for banks can opt for the ATM Audit.
Awareness of availability of the banking services all round the clock and ease of operation has resulted in high usage amongst the bank customers. ATM Audits help the bank in bridging the process gaps and improvement in the efficiency of cash management as well as strengthen the related internal controls. It is essential for the banks and service providers to ensure that ATMs are secure and operated as per the laid down procedures.
MIEL has carried out audits of CIT agencies/ATM kiosks and have a proven approach and methodology. MIEL will audit all aspects of the ATM management process and will provide suitable recommendations that will help improve the overall security. These audits are recommended to be done on quarterly or half yearly basis.
Some of the ATM Management Security audit activities to be carried by MIEL are:
• Review procedures for Cash movement as mandated by the banks.
• Prepare a schedule to conduct the audit for different CIT agencies and ATMs.
• Conduct audits as per the approved schedule using a customized checklist. This would consist of an onsite survey of ATMs, Vaults and Vans with a view to :
• identify physical and environmental security concerns which could lead to Non Compliance with the procedures of the bank.
• identify areas of improvement with respect to information security best practices and
• track the trends and present the findings to the banks management.
MIEL’s process consultancy service ensures that the ATM security requirements are in line with the procedures laid down by the bank and physical security best practices. It covers the following activities:
A comprehensive audit vis-à-vis the bank’s security procedures
• ATM Operations, Cash Control and Account Management
• Site security and controls
• ATM Servicing and maintenance
• Change Management
• Documented Procedures for ATM Security
Audit vis-à-vis physical security best practices such ISO 17799:2005, NIST
• Physical Security Perimeter and Entry Controls
• Monitoring Devices like CCTV
• Cabling Security
• Supporting Utilities
Copyright@2012 MIEL e-Security Pvt Ltd I All rights reserved I Site Map
Designed by Design Accent