Attacks have moved from the well-defended network layer to the more accessible Web application layer that people use every day to shop, bank, manage healthcare, pay insurance, book travel and apply to college. As per a study of about 12,186 web applications, 97,554 detected vulnerabilities of different risk levels. About 49% of web applications contain vulnerabilities of high risk level detected during automatic scanning. However, detailed manual and automated assessment method allows detecting these high risk level vulnerabilities with probability up to 80-96%.
Application security testing is the detection of exploitable vulnerabilities within the software applications.
This is divided into two categories:
Static Applications Security Testing: (SAST) is a source code and binary code testing technology, which is executed at the design, construction and testing phases of the application life-cycle.
Dynamic Application Security Testing: (DAST) is a dynamic Black-box / Gray-box application testing technology,which is executed at the testing and operations phases of the application life-cycle.
The key benefits of application security assessment are:
• Minimized exposure to threats,
• Conformance to Industry Best Practices,
• Enhanced management confidence,
• Protection of confidential data,
• Independent and expert security rating.
Evaluation of business application to determine its weaknesses to external attack.
FEW POINTS TO PONDER
How much would a security breach costme?
What would its impact be to my brand?
Am I a step ahead of the hackers?
Do I test security like other processes?
Am I the weak link that hackers are targeting?
Am I complying with industry standards and laws?
Am I compromising on security because of limited resources and budget?
WHAT DO YOU GET?
Appropriate solutions for the protection of business applications reviewed
Assistance to the enterprise in designing secure applications and applying appropriate levels of security to the enterprise’s data
Provide reasonable assurance that applications are securely developed and deployed.
• Excellent track-record in this domain
• Leverage standards :
• Open Source Security Testing Methodology (OSSTMM)
• Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP)
• Testing in accordance with ISO 27001 standards
• Use of proprietary, commercial and open source tools
• Dynamic library of threat intelligence
• Manual and automated testing
• Multi-vendor expertise
• Pool of highly experienced certified resources
• Dedicated research and development team for finding new exploits
• 24 X 7 X 365 operation
• State-of-the-art laboratory for conducting application security test